Plastic tray under dishwasher

Swejo

I'm wondering if its standard practice to put a plastic tray under the dishwasher in the kitchen? The idea is that if a leakage happends, the water will be noticed faster as it forces it to go forward.

The product can be found at for example IKEA:
https://www.ikea.com/se/sv/p/nyttig-golvskydd-40281994/
But I dont find it anywhere on the Dutch version of IKEA, does anyone know where I can get one?

• Klusservice
    Klusidee
    Klusidee helpt je met het vinden van een klusoplossing! Kom je er zelf niet uit en heb je een vakman nodig schakel dan de klusservice van Klusidee in. Direct een vakman inschakelen
  • Kees

Vaste Beantwoorder
    Why would you?

Almost every dishwasher has a bottom that is waterproof and a float switch that will detect a leakage. In that case the float switch will close the aquastop that is on the end of the water supply hose. In some modern dishwashers there is no more aquastop, but instead a valve in the machine itself. In that case if water is detected by the float switch that valve will close.

So you normally wouln't need such a plastic tray at all!

Swejo

For extra protection? My dishwasher was leaking and sadly it was discovered by my neighbour as it went straight through her ceiling.

Aquastop I guess can also fail. If you have a leakage in drainage, aquastop will not help. If the door is also, for example, jammed the leak is gonna go through the door, which I believe happened for me.

I think it's worth the extra €15 and was a bit surprised that I can't find it here, in Sweden, its a standard thing.

Login

Je wachtwoord vergeten?
    Nog niet geregistreerd? Registreer nu